Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Macro Photography

Today, I decided to practice some more on my Macro(close-up) photography. I have these curtains in my dining room that have some tassel bell type things hanging from them. So i came up with this image in my head. Thought it out and started shooting.

Now-a-days, there are many different kits that you can buy to help capture great close-ups. Such as a close-up lens, sometimes called a close-up filter. Its non expensive and it just screws right onto your standard lens. Be sure to have a filter wrench on hand just incase it decides to get stuck! Another option is something called a lens tube. It extends the distance from the lens and the image sensor. The longer the distance, the more magnified the image.

So anyways, since it's been snowing and there aren't many good looking plants around. I decided to try and find something that was indoors. Once I found the curtains details, I used the provided Macro setting on my Nikon D3000. Here is what it looks like.

I will be more than happy to provide some tips for anyone who would like to try Macro Photography! Just send me an e-mail at APHOTO1809@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment